GENERAL ADVICE: LAMINATE AND NATURAL WOOD FLOORS
To help to keep your floor looking as good as new here are some useful tips and advice:
- Mats should be placed or fitted at any doors that lead outside. This is to stop any unwanted dirt, or grit or moisture getting onto the floor so ideally place one inside and one outside of the door.
- If you need to move an object, lift it up. Do not drag or push it across the floor. Felt pads should be used to protect the floor from furniture and furniture legs. Castor cups should be used to prevent castor damage from sofas etc.
- Avoid High Heels or shoes with studs on sole.
- Do not tip water over the floor e.g. bucket of water. Any spills should be wiped up immediately.
- Anything which is placed on the floor which holds liquid should be placed on a good absorbent mat so as to soak up any moisture. It is inadvisable to place plant pots on your floor without catch trays.
- Cleaning your wood floor daily will prevent any build up of unwanted dirt or grit.
- To remove any dust or dirt which has accumulated, it is best to vacuum, sweep or dry mop the floor. It is advised that if using a vacuum cleaner ensure the brush bar is off, as this could cause scratching, or use the flat upholstered attachment.
It is recommended that that you mist dry mop your solid wood flooring weekly with a non abrasive cleaner (a cap full of fairy liquid in a bucket) and moist mop then ensure the floor does not get too wet. Remember to soak up any residual water as all floors are liable to be slippery if wet. They will deteriorate rapidly if residual water is allowed to be sluiced over your floor.
- Polish, varnish or wax your floor without consulting your installer
- Place hot or burning objects on the floor as they may scorch or blister the surface of the floor
- Never clean with wire or nylon wool scouring pads, steel wool or abrasives
- Never use bleach or strong detergents
- Avoid dropping particularly sharp objects on to the floor
As long as you have adhered to the previous instructions cleaning only requires a little liquid detergent or a spray from our E-ZEE Wood floor cleaner Product range, which are simple to use on all types of hard surfaces. It is a non-abrasive rinse free formula. It will wipe away all surface spills, black marks etc without smears.
You have no other surface treatments to apply to the Silver Range.
LACQUERED WOOD FLOORS
As with the laminate floors, cleaning of spillages are the same on a daily basis. Our range of products offers many advantages to the user and we recommend them.
Periodical Polishing of your lacquered pre finished floor is recommended. Care or E-ZEE woodfloor polish is:
- Formulated to offer fast drying, durable protective coating for wood floors
- Dries to a sheen to enhance the natural beauty of your wood floor
- Easy to use. Simply ensure the surface is clean and dry prior to application
Apply product evenly using a suitable applicator or mop. It recommended that the first coat of polish is kept approx 150mm away from the edge of the floor to prevent build-ups. When initial coat is dry (about 45 minutes) apply a second coat at a right angle to the first, ensuring all the floor surface is covered. The polish film will harden for several hours after drying. For the best results the floor ideally should be left as long as possible before use, preferably overnight.
OILED AND WAXED FLOORS
As with our other ranges cleaning of spillages are the same on a daily basis.
The surface of our oiled floors has been treated with a special oil mixture, which is based on natural vegetable oils. This does not contain formaldehyde nor does it release any harmful substances into the room. In order to preserve your oiled floor treat it carefully following the instructions below.
For the care of our oiled floors there are three conditioners, produced by OsmoColor. These products are safe and secure, if they are used correctly.
- Wash and Care floor cleaner for regular use on wooden floors (based on coconut oils and vegetable soaps).
- Liquid Wax cleaner for cleaning and maintenance (not water-soluble) when needed.
- Hardwax-Oil Reconditioner for complete or partial renovation of wooden floors (based on vegetable oils and waxes, not water-soluble, minimal solvent content). The Hardwax-Oil penetrates deep into the wood and improves its resistance to dirt.
With the Care and maintenance kit for floors with Osmo Polyx®-Oil Consists of:
1 litre Wash and Care Cleaning Concentrate, 0.4 litre Liquid Wax Cleaner Spray, 3 cloths, 1 Polishing pad, maintenance instructions
Protective Surface Renewal
Use Polyx®-Oil to retain the original surface properties over the years as worn areas of the floor need to be renewed. After thorough cleaning simply apply a very thin coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil.